It is a real pleasure to introduce you to www.stitchesandseams.com and our blog. Trust me when I say that you cannot be on a better site at this very moment!!! Why???? Because this is your one stop fashion catalogue…..the first and only…..and not forgetting THE VERY BEST 100% wholly-owned “Undeniably Nigerian” initiative!!!!
It really is very exciting to be part of this! I knew I definitely had to be a part of this the very minute I heard about stitchesandseams.com. Believe me, I struggled to be part of the team and I am beaming from ear to ear like a beaver right now. I know I will enjoy every minute of writing for them.
Okay…let me tell you a bit of what we are about.
www.stitchesandseams.com was set up to promote the Nigerian Fashion Beauty and Style (FBS) industry to the local and international market. We knew the industry was becoming larger:
· the minute more and more professionals left high-paying jobs for careers in fashion!;
· the minute more and more people bought This Day newspaper on Sundays, not for the news but for the enclosed Fashion and Style magazine;
· the minute more and more people bought magazines like Genevieve, True Love just to get a feel of the latest trends;
I could go on and on………….
BUT one thing we were certain of was the stronger impact the fashion industry was having on Nigeria. Those who have studied the history of fashion would understand the link between fashion, architecture and politics. Okay….let’s not even go there right now…… I will definitely talk about this in later editions.
SO who are we?
· A group of young individuals trying to communicate a positive Nigerian image to a local and international market.
· A group of young individuals trying to create awareness for the Nigerian fashion, image and style industry through the use of the commonest medium available – the internet!
· A group of young individuals trying to introduce our designers to far-flung markets, which otherwise would not have had a taste of what Nigeria has to offer.
· A group of young individuals trying to stimulate global trade for our designers, which would, inevitably, stimulate the growth of our economy.
· A group of young individuals trying to encourage our indigenous designs, which though very Nigerian in nature, can be fused with Western fashion.
With a large and positive vision, we know we will become the first point of call when viewers want information on the Nigerian fashion, beauty and style industry.
AND how are we doing this?
· By creating an excellent interactive platform where various Nigerian designers can advertise their products and services;
· By creating a catalogue and resource site for clothing, accessories, hair, beauty and other related products, services and concepts; and
· By creating a one-stop fashion clinic where all your queries, orders and requirements can be met.
As you get a feel of our site, please let me welcome you once again to this amazing “Undeniably Nigerian” online resource clinic.
As time goes on, we will introduce you to our featured designers and players in the Nigerian FBS industry, provide information on where you can get the best yet affordable products and services for yourselves and your events, provide information on hosted events, and have access to our style consultants who are able to proffer feasible solutions to your style concerns……and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Our very own stitchesandseams blog site will become very “hectic” (lol….that’s a new slang I learnt recently……, used to describe basically anything “hot”)!
So why not make www.stitchesandseams.com your welcome page?!
Do have a wonderful week!